Tuesday, March 6, 2018

From Experiment to Mail Art

Another somewhat successful experiment turned into mail art for a fellow mail artist.  Still lots to learn!  Which means I hope I end up with more mail art.


I’m sharing the back of this one to share a “nonsense letter”. Of course you can’t write much of a letter on a postcard, but you can still write some nonsense.


And add some Washi Tapes.  I get on as much as I can.  I love that tape of envelope fasteners.  Of course this one was put on upside down.  Didn’t notice the writing before I stuck it down permanently.  I put a bit of glue on each end to make sure my tapes don’t interrupt Mr. Postman’s duties.  So there was no pulling it up to turn it around.

Have you seen those fabulous new Bioluminescent Life postage stamps?  Such fun they are to add to mail!

Happy Mail Day!

8 comments:

Createology said...

Wow Annie! Your mail art is fabulous. I love everything you add to such a small venue. Washi Tape Bliss...<3

jenclair said...

Deelightful mail art, and what a fun back! You really are the queen of washi tape. :) And yes, I want the new postage stamps which are gorgeous!

Tera Callihan said...

What do you mean somewhat successful?! I would say it was extremely successful! And a fabulous surprise!!! Everything from your picture look the same as how it arrives the washi tape never moved it was definitely well adhered. Same with the paper dolls! Your experiment is definitely amazed me. Now I want to try some slightly thicker more layered postcards. And I am most certainly going to stop at the post office today to get those stamps! Looking at the whole sheet and not just the one on the postcard these are freaking amazing! My husband is going to kill me... I guess I will have to get busy sending out more happy mail!! Thank you again for the fabulous postcard looking forward to seeing more your experiments.

quiltingbydawn said...

What spectacular mail art! Lucky someone! I love all the techniques you use together and your lettering....❤️❤️❤️

Dortesjs said...

Wow Annie! Your mail art is fabulous I love it alot..
awsome..

sheila 77 said...

These three look as if they will shortly be up to no good. I like the middle one's wonky tie. This is another of your marvellous mail art postcards and lucky Tera this time. What a fun "nonsense" letter - you don't have wind-proof hair. I wondered what a nonsense letter was and now I know. Again nice use of washi tapes. I must get mine out and get them working. Super postage stamps, just perfect for mail art and I wonder if the mail art movement gave them this idea.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Love your artsy postcard and no I hadn't seen those cool postage stamps!

Lesley said...

Beautiful mail art, with such pretty writing too!